Wednesday, June 25, 2008

On The Road Again...

Day 33, Milford CT, June 25th

Another stop on the trip nears it’s necessary end. As we prepare for a final dinner here in Milford with Graham’s family I find myself feeling many things. I am joyful and satisfied to have made this time here with these lovely people to whom I will be forever connected in ways I could never really explain. I am sad to be leaving. I am excited for the next place and the next adventure. I am feeling more and more every day the urge to be in Buenos Aires and to begin building our new life there. I am filled with a sense of gratitude for this, and every, experience we’ve had on our journey.






I know that traveling with someone is a test in many people’s minds that will let you know if your relationship can survive. I have traveled a long way with Jimmy and we have had so many experiences, just in these 33 days, not to mention the ones we traversed before we sent our things off in a cargo container bound for South America. No list necessary, if you’ve been reading you’ve had a small taste of the things we’ve encountered on the road. We couldn’t begin to write them all, we’d have no time left to actually experience them. It occurs to me now that I never had any doubts about him, if I had, I wouldn’t have chosen to make this journey, and the one that comes after it, and after that, with him. Still, our way of being with one another has become more and more clearly right as we’ve shared this road. Our time here together in Milford with Graham’s family has shown me once again that I have chosen a partner I can share my life with completely. As we leave here tomorrow morning, say goodbye to Jeff and Julie and LG, I will do so with a feeling of warm connection in large part because of the way Jimmy has found a place with them that works for us all. I am grateful to the Universe, trusting that whatever comes next may not always be fun, but it wont ever be boring (and it will be more fun more of the time than I’ve ever had, ever!). The last few days have been fun and easy, I am starting to get used to that....

No comments: