Saturday, July 5, 2008

DAY 43 - Leaving on a Jet Plane



Well here we go. We leave the US today. Under a warm East Coast drizzle, we saw the fireworks bloom over the city last night. As they echoed off the quiet empty buildings and streets we stood by, I stopped and stared. Mesmerized as always by color. Afterwards we sat and ate in the rain at DC Cafe, a little hole in wall Lebanese/Syrian restaurant (amazing food). We took pause in waning wet moments of our last night here.

In a few short hours we will board a plane with a one way ticket that leaves this continent. That's a thought I haven't really been able to grasp yet. A quote by Mark Twain runs through my mind that gives me peace. "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand." And so I leave with a smile.

Keep your eyes open for my emails, and for the "gorilla sticker". I tagged the thing every place we stopped over the course of the last 44 days. I'll keep you in the loop with how things are going for us in Buenos Aires. I've been dying to get back to painting again so as soon as I have some work and a website, I'll send them your way. Don't be a stranger.

Catch you on flip side. Take care. Take chances. Give more than you take, but don't give up.

Peace and Love,
Jimmy Danko
jimmydanko@gmail.com

Currently reading:
My plane ticket to see what gate were at.


Currently listening to:

What a Day by Greg Laswell


Current Daydream:

The next time I step foot in our country I will be walking on the soil of a nation that ceases to be at war.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL ARTISTS...

No comments: